Welcome to the Rutland Historical Society
The Wood House, located at 232 Main Street, Rutland Massachusetts, has been home to the Society for 28 years and until 2002 shared space with the Rutland Police Department. The Wood House was built in 1915 by Mrs. Sadie Morris and was willed to the Town of Rutland by Hazel Hanff Morris Wood in 1975.
Revolutionary and Civil War Artifacts
18th & 19th Century Correspondence
Comprehensive array of articles and artifacts of the town’s hospitals and private sanatoria.